Sunday, September 6, 2009

I love Shirl!


From the moment I met the Ottley's and sat on Linda's bed that night, I knew I was going to fit into Cord's family without too much difficulty. Not too long after we were engaged, my spring contract was over and I needed a place to live until the wedding. Instead of renting an apartment clear in Provo (Cord lived in Highland 1/2 mile from where we live now), Cord's Grandma Shirl invited me to live in her basement which was completely empty and set up like an apartment. I accepted and lived with her for about a month. During this month, I quickly fell in love with Cord's Grandma the way I had fallen in love with him. She was charismatic, charming, loving, intelligent, funny, and full of life. She was a night owl just like I had always aspired to be (but my parents always wanted to go to bed at 9pm).

Shirl now lives in St. George with Cord's Grandpa Milt, whom we love and adore. She has written several books geared toward teenagers and young adults- but her messages are relevant for all ages.

In church two Sundays ago, there was a discussion about moral decline. I found it so interesting that this is exactly what Shirl had blogged about maybe three days prior? She has a true gift and I hope you enjoy reading her blog and I believe she will talk about her books.




1 comment:

Lyme Girl said...

Grandma read your blog and asked if I'd thank you for your kind words. I added Pink Teapot to her blog. Don't think she knows about it! Fun glamour photo of her and Gramps when they were spring chicks. I've always loved it. Glad you liked it too.

 
arrow-up.gif