Monday, August 31, 2009

I got pinned!


Last night was Cayden's court of honor. He received his Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class last night. He's well on his way to being able to drive now. Our goal is actually help Cayden get his Eagle by the time he is 14, so here we go!

He got these awards with many of his good friends...such good boys!


Just before the event started, his leader asked him to recite the scout oath or motto...Cayden did both from memory, then Brother Bruschke asked him to add turning the light bulbs with each character trait, and that messed Cayden up a bit...Britt to the rescue!!! Here is Cayden reciting the oath (i think) and Britton the motto (i think) or vice versa.

The comic relief of the evening was the color guard. I had gone to the back of the culteral hall because Eliza was being so naughty. I decided to do something useful so I started to cut the cake during the slideshow. At the very end, during the color guard retreat, Cayden was in charge of the flag and his friend Daxton was calling things out. Cayden got to the flag and Dax was at the front and they both froze. Cayden felt like he should say something so instead of just walking down with the flag, he said, "ready, begin..." and led the audience in the pledge of allegiance again. Cord said he was laughing so hard that he literally could not recite the pledge. Cord said later he said he felt a little disrespectful (but that he wasn't the only one laughing that hard!). I couldn't see Cayden from the back but I could hear what was going on. When they got to the back I just gave Cayd the thumbs up...what are you gonna do right? at least the pledge was said twice and not at all I guess....ha! I love that when we got home Cayden was laughing just as hard at himself as we all were!



2 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

Congratulations Cayden! Sounds like you're going to have a fun year!

Cindy England said...

LOL!!!! Too hilarious about Cayden and the pledge! ahh, I love it! I can't wait for my kiddies to get older and do funny things like that!

Good parents--he is a lucky boy!!

xoxo, C

 
arrow-up.gif