Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls Weekend!


I think I'm a little mixed up on posting about trips
, so before I post about Vegas (I only have three pictures anyway) I thought I'd show you some pictures of my trip to LA with Rachel, my sister (...in law technically)...I LOVER HER! I adore all of Cord's sisters, they're fantastic and I'm so blessed to have them in my life! Above are my parents so excited to eat a bowl of Matzo Ball Soup from Juniors (an LA institution)!

And here Rachel and I are eating ours...Rachel had a lot of "firsts" on this trip...including Matzo Ball Soup...which she loved and has since craved!


That night we went to dinner with my parent's friends and it was crystal clear over the San Fernando Valley (I know, right?) so we decided to document this rarity with a photo!


We had fun, this is a favorite group of mine!


Had to take Rach for a ride in the 'stang
...I think she was a little afraid...I think we went from zero to ninety in like 5 seconds...giddy up!


We were running some errands for my parents and got silly with the RX glasses...

way too silly...


Brunch at the Vines...yummy...and it couldn't have been a more perfect weekend! It was like 76˚ and then we left and my mom said we took the warm weather with us!


Me and my dad



We took a long walk that afternoon, in my parent's development they have "paseos" which are naturally preserved walkways that are amazing, this picture was in front of a heritage oak...probably 150 years old...and the picture below is not photoshoped, the sky was that blue.



The "scary" tunnel as I call it. Every time I check in by myself it seems, I'm in the wrong place and have to walk down this creepy tunnel and I'm always alone! This time there was a lady with us and she said she'd take our picture to document the "scary tunnel"...it seriously goes on forever under the airport.

We were sad to go home, but these were the happy faces we mustered up. Thanks Rach for indulging me and playing with me for the weekend. My favorite was shopping on Rodeo drive and having you take pictures out the car window! I also loved driving with the top down with the sun on our faces...but mostly loved hanging out with my sister.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Seriously I had so much fun! Thanks for posting the pictures, it was fun remembering our fun vacation! Luv u!

Cindy England said...

mmm... I'm craving some matzo ball soup right now...can't really get that here in UT. nope, unfortunately, not so much. I remember the 1st time J and I tried it--in NYC at the Carnegie deli-stuffed in the tiny little place w/150 of our best friends... I thought, hm... this is gonna be interesting, this isn't really my thing. But the matzo ball soup..mmm.. made it all worth it! :) xoxo, C

 
arrow-up.gif