Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beautification?

So the other day I came home from a myriad of "beauty" treatments and I was immediately tackled by my children with questions, "what's wrong with your eyebrows mom?", "Is your hair okay mom?"...etc. I was feeling just a little put off until Cayden said, "Mom, when are your eyebrows going back to normal?" then I was a lot put off!

Cord later said, "you know you don't have to do any of 'this' for me, I think you're beautiful when you wake up in the morning just the way you are". What a sweet husband I have. Of course, I said, I knew that I didn't need to do that and I know who I am and how I feel about myself regardless of my drab blonde hair color or how blonde my eyebrows are. But we did have a good discussion that there was a certain amount of "maintenance" that I felt I liked to "do" on myself and that made me feel good...and I thought that was okay. (My pride was making me start to feel like this was an intervention from my family...I'm not off getting cologen or botox injections...or any plastic surgery...or even regular facials...I just wanna see my eyebrows for goodness sakes and blondes don't always want to be blonde! Then I had to just calm down and be more humble, this is not what he was trying to say.

The point I think I'm trying to get to here, is that my sweet husband was reminding me that beauty exudes from within and that he hoped that I remembered that. "But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance but the Lord looketh on the heart" 1 Samuel 16:7

What can I say, I have a saint for a husband, it's always good to have reminders and I needed a good reminder from Cord that the beatification that is most important comes from within, not from without and that without that inner beauty, it doesn't matter how much you spend on your hair...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.empoweredtraditionalist.com/

your inner beauty always shines through. as ssb always says...mom's need to defrump from time to time!

Cindy England said...

haha...too funny! I've SO BEEN there! remember when I chopped my hair--yikes, not good. :)

Trust me, when we get in our 40s we'll get even more vain and we can go get boob lifts and tummy tucks together! LOL ..jussttt kidding! :) xoxo, C

 
arrow-up.gif