Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dance the day away




Cayden was under-thrilled as usual to be performing a dance in public.  He tried his hardest to keep the scowl on his face (although I caught him on camera being his happy, sweet self).  Cayd is growing into a man so quickly, it boggles my mind...shhh, don't tell, but I even get a whiff of cologne (thanks to Rachel and Gordon for taking him to Macy's and letting him have samples)-wherever he goes- I'm a proud mamma!


Hannah is all about dancing and performing; she had a blast!  She was so excited to be right up front and I don't think she looked away from the camera for more than two seconds put together.  My little hammy!

Dance festival is always talked about for weeks before the actual event.  I get personal performances (from the girls-Cayden is too manly) and this year, it was hilarious as Madelyn warned us that the lyrics to her song were a bit racy.  "Kiss, love, baby" I believe were the words she said were in the song and that made it "gross".   She was slightly displeased that her partner was several inches shorter than she was, that was an intense topic of conversation!  Oh, and the song?  Yeah, "Singing in the rain"...a version she perhaps didn't recognize, but harmless in our eyes although she was abhorred.

No comments:

 
arrow-up.gif