Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a new friend

So I got this little baby a few weeks before Thanksgiving and I have to say I absolutely love it! I bought it at Williams Sonoma and here are a few reasons why it is the best slow cooker in my opinion. It has a non-stick surface on the insert that everything just slides right out of, including a rice concoction that I left too long in the slow cooker. I enjoy the 20 hour low function that it has, so I could essentially do a roast all night and all day for ultimate tenderness. My favorite feature (besides the easy cleanup and sleek look) is that the insert is aluminum with cast iron baked on so I can sear my roasts or cook my sofrito (onions, celery, carrots) before I put them into my dish without dirtying another pan! I was telling a friend this morning how much I love my slow cooker and promising her that I don't get a percentage of sales from this product nor do I own Williams Sonoma stock (although I should with how much I shop there!). I love to incorporate at least two slow cooker meals into my weekly menu and I have friends who are much more creative with their slow cookers than I but anyway, just a little sharing...from me to you! Happy cooking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to make me some copies of the good recipes!!!

xoxo

Shelly Kenison said...

Yeah I want recipes too! How many quarts is that slow cooker? I have been looking for a new one, our broke in the move.

Janine said...

It's seven quarts!!! I forgot to mention that heavenly detail. I make "Williams Sonoma" a live link and you can type in "slow cooker" in their search and find it there...they have two, a 6.5 qt and 7. The 7 qt is the only one that allows for searing and such.

 
arrow-up.gif