Monday, April 13, 2009

All growed up


So yesterday as Cayden was ready for church, he whisked into our bedroom and the faint but distinct smell of cologne (or body spray from B & B works really) followed him.  It hit me at that moment that my little boy has left.  A series of events including adventures with his friends to the market, late nights playing night games, and "boy/girl parties" have led me to understand that my little Cayden who was just a moment ago my "angel baby boy" (what I used to call him) is now growing up every second and every day before my eyes.  I realized that he'll be on his mission in 7 1/2 years.  He'll be entering college in less than 6 (if he doesn't do something crazy like graduate early and I wouldn't put that past him).  I'm so proud of the man he's becoming and the integrity that he has.  He's intelligent, honest to a fault, sincere, friendly, knowledgeable about the Gospel, and loving.  I love you Cayden and I know that not only am I proud of you, but so is your Dad, and so is your Father in Heaven.  

3 comments:

Ashley and Brett said...

I have to tell you how much I love this kid! He was my first nephew and will always hold a special place in my heart! To watch him with Isaac is so precious... he is the best cousin a kid could ask for! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! This is a darling picture of him! I always look at my favorite one of him as a baby, in his diaper, sitting in the dandelions!

Cindy England said...

awww... that is sad... I can't even think about Andrew using his first little spray of cologne...yikes!!!

Cayden is such a great boy!

xoxo, C

Penelope said...

Indeed our Cayden is growing up. What a special little guy he is. He reminds me so much of Jeff, his uncle, that it's really creepy. We sometimes even call him Jeff by accident. We enjoyed his stay with us over the summer and look forward to having him visit again. We love you Cayden darling

 
arrow-up.gif