Friday, April 3, 2009

Letting go is bliss...

So I'll get into these introspective moods and I have to throw it somewhere.  I'm a big believer that when we learn a lesson or when we finally "get" something, we emanate that "energy" (at the risk of sounding odd)...but we give that vibe off...whether it's "I've got what I need, stay away" or "I like you, let's be friends" or "You need help? Let me fix it for you" whatever.  Over the years and through many experiences, some good-some bad, I've felt all of those things.  

As I was sitting in the car yesterday, I was overcome with gratitude that my attitude had shifted to one of, "I'm great and so are you" toward everyone...truly.  I'm not trying to say I'm perfect here, far from it, but an overwhelming calm and peace came over me and I just felt that I had come to a place where the things that had bothered me (which were my fault, not others), didn't bother me anymore; the things that I had faulted others for, I didn't fault them for any longer.  I had a genuine love for all.  

I'm being pretty general here and that's okay, but my point is that I think that we need to come to a reckoning with ourselves.  I have thought much about judgement and how sometimes I justify my actions as righteous judgement or thinking, "well, I was judged first..." shame on me.  That's not my job.  My job is to love others unconditionally and to NOT judge them.  

Now I'm not sitting here writing this thinking that I've arrived to some moral high ground, on the contrary, I've felt truly humbled and asked for forgiveness for all the harshness that I've passed, even unknowingly.  

For those of you whom I may not talk to, for those of you who I may not have a chance to call and apologize but by some chance may read this, I ask for your forgiveness; I offer my sincerest apologies.  When I thought I was walking around loving others and all, I was really walking around feeling badly that this or that wasn't happening in my life when that was my fault, not the fault of others.  It's too bad it's taken me 31 years to realize this, but I'm glad that no more time will be spent wasted on this negativity...because it's probably made me physically ill.  

we reap what we sow...I'm planting a great garden this spring...it's a new beginning, a re-birth!

2 comments:

Jen and her men said...

well said, girl! It really is bliss, isn't it? and good friends who love us unconditionally only add to that! thanks for being that kind of friend! :)

Anonymous said...

such a great post...thanks for sharing and always inspiring. xo

 
arrow-up.gif