Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Football Crockpot Series


About three days into football practice, Cord started to get really sad because he was missing out on home-cooked meals. The "sadness" with a little whining got to be a little much for me at the end of week one. To be honest, I welcomed the week of no cooking, although I understood where he was coming from...dinner at 8:30 was crazy and then a party at our house afterwards with the entire neighborhood (although so fun) was getting to be too much for my melancholy husband to take. I decided to take control. I made a compromise that if I would make dinner, we could still have the neighborhood over to make toilet bowl cleaner bombs if he had homemade stew first?!?! He agreed! My sanguine personality was satisfied!

Thus, with a little inspiration from Cindy, a fellow football mom going through the same anguish, I have decided to post some recipes that I love in hopes that you will enjoy these this fall...or any time of year. Some of these recipes will undoubtedly come from crockpot365.blogspot.com as I love Stephanie's innovative ideas...and others will come from my little "Mormon" collection, because I love three-five ingredients dumped. Others still come from trial and error in my own kitchen...so I guess you'll have a variety to choose from, but they will all have been eaten by our family first*.

I hope you enjoy reading and tasting these as much as I enjoy posting these for you!

*My kids are NOT picky eaters so watch out!

No comments:

 
arrow-up.gif